Friday, January 18, 2013

OPI Mariah Carey Got Your Number

Happy Friday, polished pretties!! So happy the weekend is here! I have off from work and it looks like the weather should be cooperating with me so I'm going to be swatching like a mad woman. Hope everyone has a good and relaxing weekend.

Today I have the third of the four Liquid Sand polishes from the Mariah Carey OPI collection. The name of this polish is Got Your Number and it's a lightish blue with some scattered holo (!!) thrown in there. O. M. G. This was by far my favorite out of the Liquid Sand that we got from this collection. It dried to a matte sandy finish and the holo that was in the polish just made it that much more awesome. It definitely made up for the not-quite-as-awesome Stay the Night.

The application on this polish was wonderful. The formula was a little on the thicker side, but that's to be expected with this type of polish. The coverage was amazing and the polish was opaque in two coats. (All pictures were taken in natural light.)

Got Your Number with no top coat
Got Your Number with two coats of top coat
I liked how the polish looked after I applied the top coat. It darkened up a little bit and made it almost jelly looking. In the pictures, it looks like there is some visible nail line, but in real life, it was not noticeable. I'm sure that if you had the right top coat, you could get this to a smooth glassy finish. The top coat that I used was two coats of CND Super Shiney, which still dried to a little textured finish. 


Out of all of the Liquid Sand polishes, this would be the one that I would pick up, if I bought no others. The color is awesome, the polish dries to a gritty, matte finish, and the wear is awesome! There was no tip wear in the three days I wore this polish (normally I change my polish every other day, but I had to keep this on for another day!) And there's holo in the polish! So what's not to love? 

XOXO Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment